OK, this one's been done to death. To buy it, or to leave it? Do you think it's snobby to buy a limited edition doll or not? Do your LE dolls have special value to you because of their very limited edition-edness?
I do actually own some of these lovely dolls. Or have at one time or another. I usually buy them because they are special versions of sculpts I already like, which is why I end up loving them. But I do not buy them to flash my cash, nor to show them off at doll meets. Except in necessary circumstances. And those do come up on occasion.
I owned at one time and needed to sell for a more coveted doll was La Belle Mademoiselle Sydney. She was just lovely. Let me see if I can find some photos of her somewhere... Historical dress is gorgeous, her facial screening is lovely--just a gorgeous doll. (Photo used with permission.)
What's great about having LEs on hand is that (especially in mint or NRFB condition), you almost always get at least what you've paid, if not more, for them. Even Tonner Dolls. It's pretty cool--especially in a market that currently trending downwards, at least in the fashion doll department.
However, I don't feel offended if a company makes a limited edition doll that is not appealing to me. In fact, then I don't feel like I have to buy it. Is it unusual for a collector to feel like she doesn't have to buy every single doll? I just can't understand why that would be annoying. Wanting every doll would be much worse, in my opinion.

No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for your comments. I do approve all relevant comments, except for flames and items not deemed appropriate for this website content. Ads, spam etc. will be deleted.