- Yes. It's very possible to be "too into" some hobbies. If you run out of space, time or money; if the dolls are really taking over your life to an extent that you don't do anything else (like bathe or sleep or socialize); if you neglect others in your family on a regular basis for your hobby; then yes. I suppose it is very well possible to be too into dolls or any hobby (or job, or television show, or sporting events, for that matter). But no, I don't fall into that category. In fact, all my dolls are currently on display. I still do most of the housekeeping and cooking for the family. And my children are not neglected. And if others are feeling neglected, well, it might be for reasons other than dolls; such as, lack of communication.
- Is it difficult to buy gifts for people who have hobbies? Not at all. Usually, these people have wish lists, and regular stores from which they shop, and this is a simple way to buy gifts for them, which they will be sure to love. Now, I do understand that there are some people in this world who feel like they need to "better" other people, and assure that all members of their family are "well-rounded" and working up to their full "potential," a.k.a. being overly controlling. In that case, perhaps a gift involving a doll may not be their ideal gift idea for me. But I don't consider their controlling behavior (which I am sure is frustrating) to be my problem. I think it's annoying, but it isn't my problem to fix.
- Is doll collecting, the way I do it, harmful to me or my family? I don't think so. I do need to especially watch my budget, but I think I'm doing well there, especially with my recent discovery of talking about it, sticking to my allowance, and also trading dolls. As far as edification, I've found that it actually increases my confidence in groups of people and making friends, as I'm not really very social, and doll meets and clubs are a fun and easy way to get involved with real people (not that you, dear reader, aren't a real person). I also have been learning a lot about photography, sewing, netiquette, writing and blogs. I think those are all great things to learn and great ways to foster my creativity. In that sense, I find doll collecting multi-faceted, interesting, a growth experience, and very fun.
The blog for hardcore fashion doll and BJD collectors, describing the grimy, desperate and horrendous things they will sacrifice for the sake of a new doll. Relationship issues, doll collecting pet peeves, and stories worse than yours will be shared here. Rated 18+ for necessary language and topics. Reader discretion advised.
Monday, November 29, 2010
Can you be "too into dolls"?
I don't know. That's the current question in my household. When family members complain that they "can't even buy a Christmas gift for you,"and then accuse you of being "too into dolls," is there any truth in that? I'd like to looks at the facts.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for your comments. I do approve all relevant comments, except for flames and items not deemed appropriate for this website content. Ads, spam etc. will be deleted.